Sunday, January 15, 2006

Things I love about New York in the winter

Winter in NY is tough if you aren't use to cold weather. Some days it's just too cold! But it's not all bad....

Things I love in the winter:
- Nothing beats openning your blinds in the morning to a snow covered Gramercy Park
- Hibernating on the weekend with green tea, chocolate, cheese (Soignon spreadable goats cheese is of choice) and Netflix movies or Limewire downloads of all the best shows I miss while I'm working late nights (Arrested Development, Lost, Nip/Tuck)
- Dressing like a slob under your coat as nobody gets to see what's underneath!
- Upside-down & sideways rain
- Wearing boots so you don't have to worry about puddles
- Sleeping in on the weekend & general laziness which I think is very exceptable behaviour in the cold
- Apples are the only local produce that's in season (this doesn't make winter any better really, but I love the huge apple selection at the Union Sq markets on Saturdays)

No comments: