Friday, December 07, 2007

Art Basel Diary: Friday

• Up at 6.30am to rush to airport. Feel like shit as I only had 2 hours of sleep
• Never fly AA again (2 hour delay)
• Worst cabbie ever. Today is just not going well…
• Rush over to Aqua. The set up is great and there are a few good galleries showing here.
• Starving at 4.30pm as I have not eaten anything since breakfast. I always expect my first meal in a new city to be bad and this was definitely the case. I eat the worst octopus salad ever at a shitty noodle shop.
• Go back to ND’s place. We head to dinner & I have some pizza with ricotta. Feel a little bit more energized but only in a fleeting carb-induced way.
• I feel extremely exhausted & realize the only way to keep me going is to start drinking alcohol.
• Get dressed up for the Vanity Fair/MoMA party at the Shore Club
• Find Sam immediately before I even walk in. This is very convenient.
• Start drinking elderflower cocktails. Yum. Tastes lychee-ish on first sip
• I feel fabulous
• Sam & I visit the photo booth
• Meet heaps of great people and run into old friends
• Look up at the 3 porthole windows of the hotel. I love circles.
• Feeling rather drunk after too many elderflower drinks
• Consider taking off dress and jumping in the pool
• Suddenly think I am in LA at a party that is caught somewhere between Less Than Zero & Lost Highway
• Release helium balloons into the sky
• Hear that Fabienne Delsol song I like (Laisse Tomber Les Filles) and no one else seems to know it
• We make plans for the next stop
• Head to Raleigh Hotel. I am happy the walk there only takes a couple of minutes
• Get very comfortable
• PT & ND arrive
• Sleep dancing is born
• PT goes in the pool in his boxers. Everyone thinks he is naked as his undies are skin coloured. He is the only one in the pool and it’s quite the spectacle.
• Raleigh is super cool – great vibe & ambience tonight. Everyone is speaking euro
• Some girl with glasses on warns me about SB & feels the need to tell me he is bad in bed. I think this is an inappropriate/odd thing to tell me.
• Sam is so wasted her eyes can’t stay open. Then she starts rubbing her hands on PT’s soaked body.
• Spencer won’t let me leave but I leave anyway
• I can’t sleep as PT is snoring and I’m paranoid the dog will attack me during the night
• 1.5 valiums later I get about 2-3 hours rest

No comments: