Monday, October 31, 2005

Winter decides to take a vacation

There were a couple of weeks of torrential rain that came upside down and sideways.
Then there was a week of freezing cold.
All of a sudden the weather went hot yesterday & it's going to stay that way for most of this week.
So I've made a transition from trench coat to fur coat with gloves & earmuffs to summer clothes... it's all rather weird. The strangest thing is that my system thinks summer is coming back in full force as that's what usually happens at this time of year in Sydney (wishful thinking on my part, as I think it's quite unlikely the weather here in NY will continue to get any warmer this year).
How wonderful would be if winter decided not to come this year. To commemorate and celebrate this possibility of 'no winter New York 2005' I am thinking of the beach - Bondi actually - ice cream at Pompeii’s, yummy salads at Brown Sugar, steak sandwiches at Aqua Bar, sushi & tempura lunch boxes at Raw Bar, eating seafood pizza with Jade at Gelbison's on monday nights, buying Tiger Lilly bikini's with NJ at Bikini Island and driving home up Bondi Rd going past Burgerman, the fish shop and the fruit & veggie store. Even doing the Bondi-Bronte walk in the burning heat. Here are a couple of photos CCLOMO took last summer at the Modular Records/Tsubi Xmas party at that pub that's a few blocks back from the beach (I forget what it's called). I remember the free bottles of Pellegrino which at the time made me think of Ixtapa. I think that was also the day my eyelid got burnt (hence the sunglasses at night).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The name of the bar is the Beach Road Hotel.

It was a fun Party and we heard that band called (??) and you went to see them on New Year's Eve 2005.

The Peeler said...

It was the Presets. that was the first time I saw them play.